Home Page Header Lodge Crest
Home Introduction About Freemasonry Meetings Special Events Photo Gallery History Office Bearers Links Guest Book
Left Pillar

 

The Operative Mason Lodge of Dundee No. 47

                Chartered 6th February 1745

From its earliest records there have been many

distinguished Brothers amongst whom are  

  

  • David Earl of Huntingdon, Ancient Master of the Lodge Circa 1200 A.D.

  • Robert Dundas Haldane-Duncan 1st Earl of Camperdown.
  • Sir John Ogilvie, Baronet of Inverquharity, three times Master of the Lodge – 1842 - 1845, 1849-1851, 1853 -1854. He was Grand Lodge Junior Warden in 1843, Depute     Grand Master of the Provincial Grand Lodge of Forfarshire,1856 -1862 and MP for Dundee in 1865 He gifted Baldovan House to the Town Council in 1853 for the use of children in need of special care and in the same year gifted Fairmuir Park to the citizens of Dundee to be used for recreational purposes.
  • Three Lord Provosts of Dundee in the persons of                                                                    Bro. Hugh Ballingall     ( Lord Provost from 1884- 1887 ),                                              Bro Sir James Urquhart ( Lord Provost from 1908 -1914 )                                             Bro W W Brownlee       ( Lord Provost from 1878 -1881 ).

  • Richard Rome Bealy
  • Sir D’Arcy Wentworth Thompson CBLL.D who replied to  the toast to the Lodge on the occasion of our Bi-Centenary celebration in 1945.
  •  George Golden Robertson ( RWM 1987 - 1989 ) who was installed as the Provincial Grand Master of Forfarshire in 2004 in the Bonar Hall, University of Dundee by Alexander Whitehead, Deputy Grand Master of the Grand Lodge of Scotland, on 9th march 2003

  • Charles Donaldson
 

 

Right Pillar